This polarization controller has three adjustable paddles to induce the change of birefringence of the fiber. The design is based on three wave plates with fixed retardation and variable orientation angles to control the state of polarization. Complete Poincare sphere coverage is achieved by adjusting the angles of the three easy-to-adjust paddles.
This polarization controller can be used to convert elliptically polarized light in a single mode fiber into another state of polarization, including linearly polarized light.
Both 0.9mm and 3mm jacketed fibers are available for this product.
- Polarization Control over Full Poincare Sphere
- Operates over Full Fiber Bandwidth
- Easy to Operate
- Ø900 µm or Ø3mm Jacketed Fiber
- Optical fiber communication systems
- R&D Labs
- Optical Fiber Sensor systems
- Optical Fiber Testing Systems
a: Center Wavelength in nm; a=1550, etc.
c: Pigtail Type, c=1 for 900 micron jacket, c=3 for 3mm jacket, etc.
d: Connector Type, d=FA for FC/APC, d=SU for SC/UPC, d=N for no connectors, etc.