This is a high performance DFB laser diode. The center wavelengths are at DWDM wavelength grid (ITU grid) with 100GHz channel spacing. An InGaAs MQW (multi-quantum well) DFB (distributed feedback) laser chip is hermetically sealed inside a 14-pin butterfly package, fitted with thermistor, thermoelectric cooler (TEC) and monitor photodiode.
This laser module has 2.5Gbps direct modulation bitrates. Two different types (type A and type B) with dispersion budget of 1800ps/nm and 3000ps/nm are availabe that enables transmission over up to 170km on standard single mode fiber. This product can be used in various OC-48 or STM-16 systems. It complies with Telcordia GR-468-CORE requirements.
- High performance DWDM MQW DFB laser diode
- ITU grid wavelength available from 1528.77nm to 1610.06nm
- Built-in thermistor, TEC, and monitor photodiode, with external optical isolator
- 2.5Gbps direct modulation bit rate for OC-48/STM-16 applications
- 25ohm electrical impedance matching
- 170km dispersion limited transmission reach (3000ps/nm dispersion budget at 1550nm)
- 14-pin hermetic butterfly package
- DWDM OC-48/STM-16 systems
- Extended reach (100km) or very long reach (170km) direct modulation links
- Metro DWDM
- RF over fiber systems
Absolute Maximum Ratings:
Specifications: (Room Temperature, 25C degree)
Electro-Optical Specifications of Type A Laser Module
Electro-Optical Specifications of Type B Laser Module
a: ITU channel number for the center DWDM Wavelength; for example a=22 means the center wavelength is 1559.79nm (Channel 22 on ITU grid); a=48 for 1538.98; etc.
b: Types of the module for different dispersion performance. b=A for type A product with 1800ps/nm dispersion (100km transmission); b=B for type B product with 3000ps/nm dispersion (170km transmission).
c: Output fiber pigtail type. c=S for single mode fiber; c=P for PM output fiber pigtail.
d: Connector Type, d=FA for FC/APC, d=SU for SC/UPC, d=N for no connectors, etc.
See also: 100GHz DWDM Mux/Demux Module
DWDM lasers distributed feedback laser diode, ITU grid wavelength, dense wavelength division multiplexing laser source 100GHz or 200GHz channel spacing