- Fiber Optics
- Fiber ConnectThis EPON ONU (Optical Network Unit) transceiver is designed especially for Gigabit Ethernet Passive Optical Network (EPON) transmission applications. This module incorporates one 1310nm burst-mode transmitter and one 1490nm continuous-mode receiver.
The internal transmitter uses a DFB laser at 1310nm and an integrated BM (burst-mode) laser driver designed to achieve very short burst enable/disable delay time. The laser driver also has digital APC (automatic power control) and temperature compensation circuits, which keep the output optical power and extinction ratio of the digital optical signals constant over the operation temperature range and the aging of the laser.
The receiver part of the module has an integrated 1490nm InGaAs PIN photodiode and its preamplifier, all mounted together.
The receiver has the function to indicate input signal detection status (active high).
An integrated WDM coupler is used to separate 1490nm input optical signal with the 1310nm output light.
The transceiver has metallic package that guarantees excellent EMI and EMC characteristics, and fully comply with various international standards.
Note: minimum order quantity required for this product. Please contact for details.
- Integrated optical assembly with single fiber bi-directional transmission
- 1310nm DFB laser transmitter (burst-mode) and 1490nm PIN/TIA continuous mode receiver (with WDM coupler)
- SFF 2x5 metallic package
- +3.3 V single power supply and low power consumption
- 0 to 70 C degree operating temperature
- LVPECL compatible data input/output interface
- LVTTL transmitter burst mode control
- Transmitter enable or disable (optional) control
- LVTTL receiver signal detection indication
- Class 1 laser eye safety standard
- Excellent EMI and EMC characteristics
- Gigabit Ethernet Passive Optical Networks (EPON) ONU side
- IEEE802.3ah 1000BASE-PX20
- Small Form Factor Transceiver Multisource Agreement July 5, 2000
Absolute Maximum Ratings
Recommended Operating Condition
Specifications (under recommended conditions)
Note1: DC coupled internally and terminated externally (see the recommended circuit below).
Note2: LVPECL output, AC coupled internally (see the recommended circuit below).
Note3: Coupled into 9/125 SMF
Note4: Measured with PRBS 2^7-1 test pattern @1.25Gbps.
Note5: see Figure 1.
Note6: Measured with the Bessel-Thompson filter ON.
Note7: Transmit on 20km SMF.
Note8: See Figure 2.
Note9: Measured with PRBS 2^7-1 test pattern @1.25Gbps with Tx on,ER=10dB,BER=10E-12.
Pin Description (2x5)
Note1: TxDIS is optional.
Typical Application Circuits (2x5)
Summary: Package SFF 2x5, 1.25Gbps data rate, 1310nm DFB laser, -1 to +4dBm output power, PIN + TIA detector, -25dBm sensitivity, 0 to 70 C degree temperature range, 20km SMF reach, burst-mode logic TxEN (TxDIS optional)
- Bitline System Pty. Ltd. 10 Fishburns Road, Galston, NSW 2159, Australia
- +61 2 98991412
oeMarket.com © 2018
- Fiber Optics