- Fiber Optics
- Fiber Connect
SFP-250-BD bi-directional transceiver is a high performance, cost effective module, and it is compliant with LC optical interface with built-in WDM for bi-directional optical data communications. This module is designed for single-mode single fiber, operates at the wavelength of 1550/1490nm.
Standard AC coupled CML for high bit-rate signals and LVTTL for signal control and monitor.
Its transmitter has DFB laser diode and driving IC with temperature compensation and automatic power control circuits. That ensures stable output power and extinction ratio.
The receiver uses an efficient InGaAs photodiode and transimpedance amplifier with AGC for wide dynamic range optical detection.
- Tx 1490nm DFB, Rx 1550nm, single mode fiber, 80km reach
- Tx 1550nm DFB, Rx 1490nm, single mode fiber, 80km reach
- Single Mode bi-directional Transmission
- SFP Multi-source Package with LC Receptacle
- Up to 2.5Gb/s Data Links
- Hot-Pluggable Capability
- Up to 80 km on 9/125μm SMF
- Single +3.3V Power Supply
- Built-in WDM
- Isolation > 30dB, Cross Talk < -45dB
- Monitoring Interface Compliant with SFF-8472
- Metal Enclosure, Excellent EMI & ESD Protection
- Compliant with Specifications for IEEE802.3Z
- Compliant with Bellcore TA-NWT-000983
- Eye Safety Designed to Meet Laser Class1, Compliant with IEC60825-1
- RoHS Compliant
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Gigabit Fiber Channel
- WDM systems
- SFP MSA (INF-8074i)
- IEEE802.3z Gigabit Ethernet
- ITU-T G.695
- FC-PI v2.0
Tx wavelength 1490nm; Rx wavelength 1550nm; 80km reach
Tx wavelength 1550nm; Rx wavelength 1490nm; 80km reach
Absolute Maximum Ratings
Recommended Operating Conditions
Electrical Characteristics(TOP =Tc, VCC = 3.0 to 3.60 Volts)
1. AC coupled.
2. Or open circuit.
3. Into 100 ohm differential termination.
4. 20 – 80 %
5. LOS is LVTTL. Logic 0 indicates normal operation; logic 1 indicates no signal detected.
6. All transceiver specifications are compliant with a power supply sinusoidal modulation of 20 Hz to 1.5MHz up to specified value applied through the power supply filtering network shown on page 23 of the Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) Transceiver Multi-Source Agreement (MSA), September 14, 2000.
7. Measured with DJ-free data input signal. In actual application, output DJ will be the sum of input DJ and . DJ.
Optical Parameters(TOP =Tc, VCC = 3.0 to 3.60 Volts)
1. Also specified to meet curves in FC-PI 13.0 Figures 18 and 19, which allow trade-off between wavelength spectral width.
2. Class 1 Laser Safety per FDA/CDRH and EN (IEC) 60825 regulations.
3. Unfiltered, 20-80%. Complies with IEEE 802.3 (Gig. E), FC 1x and 2x eye masks when filtered.
4. Measured with DJ-free data input signal. In actual application, output DJ will be the sum of input DJ and . DJ.
5. Measured with conformance signals defined in FC-PI 13.0 specifications.
6. Measured with PRBS 27-1 at 10-12 BER
7. Dispersion limited per FC-PI Rev. 13
8. Attenuation of 0.25 dB/km is used for the link length calculations. Distances are indicative only. Please refer to the Optical Specifications in Table IV to calculate a more accurate link budget based on specific conditions in your application.
1. Circuit ground is internally isolated from chassis ground.
2. Laser output disabled on TDIS >2.0V or open, enabled on TDIS <0.8V.
3. Should be pulled up with 4.7k - 10 kohms on host board to a voltage between 2.0V and 3.6V.MOD_DEF(0) pulls line low to indicate module is plugged in.
4. Rate select is not used
5. LOS is open collector output. Should be pulled up with 4.7k – 10 kohms on host board to a voltage between 2.0V and 3.6V. Logic 0 indicates normal operation; logic 1 indicates loss of signal.
6. AC Coupled
SFP Module EEPROM Information and Management
The SFP modules implement the 2-wire serial communication protocol as defined in the SFP -8472. The serial ID information of the SFP modules and Digital Diagnostic Monitor parameters can be accessed through the I2C interface at address A0h and A2h.
The memory is mapped in Table 1.
Detailed ID information (A0h) is listed in Table 2.
And the DDM specification at address A2h.
For more details of the memory map and byte definitions, please refer to the SFF-8472, “Digital Diagnostic Monitoring Interface for Optical Transceivers”. The DDM parameters have been internally calibrated.
Table 1. Digital Diagnostic Memory Map (Specific Data Field Descriptions)
Serial ID Memory Contents:
Diagnostics Memory Contents(A2h):
Digital Diagnostic Monitor Characteristics
The following digital diagnostic characteristics are defined over the Recommended Operating Environment unless otherwise specified. It is compliant to SFF8472 Rev10.2 with internal calibration mode. For external calibration mode please contact our sales stuff.
This transceiver complies with international Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) and international safety requirements and standards (see details in Table following).
- Bitline System Pty. Ltd. 10 Fishburns Road, Galston, NSW 2159, Australia
- +61 2 98991412
oeMarket.com © 2018
- Fiber Optics